DON'T DO IT!  JUST DON'T!  You never want to disturb the mold!  The visible mold growth is known as a colony and 1 colony is about the size of a fine point pen dot on paper.  Each colony can produce thousands of spores.


One of the examples used during a technical training course is to put a little bit of salt on a table and gather it together into a pile. now take a straw and stand 12 inches away and blow lightly in the direction in of the salt.  Warning! The salt will blow everywhere!  Mold is very sensitive to air flow dispersal of spores JUST LIKE THE SALT.  Very little air flow = big spore release.  


The bottle says it can be used to kill mold on "hard non-porous surfaces/ materials only."  Hard non-porous surfaces are metal, glass, plastics, etc.  The label on the bottle also states to dilute the bleach with water.


Here are the instructions: (We have underlined and put important information in bold)


See below the instructions from our EPA Master Label for mold/mildew removal using Clorox® Regular-Bleach.

1. Make a solution of 3/4 cup Clorox® Regular-Bleach per gallon of warm water (2700ppm available chlorine solution) – best practices are to always pre-clean the surfaces of any visible material. 
2. Mix the bleach solution using your gloved hands and apply to the affected area with a sponge or brush.
3. Allow it to sit in contact with the mildew for 5 minutes, then rinse with warm water. Allow to air dry.
Read more at https://www.clorox.com/dr-laundry/getting-rid-of-moldmildew-on-walls/#1gyvUOR3erP2kyVt.99}


OK. here are the problems. *see the video of the mushroom and water drop bellow.*

1. If you are pre-cleaning the surface you are disturbing the colony (spore release).  Remember it is for hard non-porous surfaces only. Not drywall, wallpaper, wood... etc.

2. To make the solution you are using water.  This is the main ingredient mold needs to grow.  Now you are going to use a sponge or brush to wipe (smear) on the affected area.

3. I don't know if you have ever had experimented with getting drywall wet, but now you have to keep this solution in contact with the mold for 5 minutes.  Most porous surfaces will turn to goo in this time.

4. Wait, it gets better, now you rinse with warm water. and allow to air dry.


 Here is the "mold science" for why this will not work.


FACT: Bleach evaporates faster than water.

FACT:The Bleach will kill the mold it comes in contact with.

 FACT: The water will soak into the porous material.  You now have a wet food source.  

HERE'S WHY IT WON'T WORK:  Try to think of mold as a plant (because it basically is.) it has a root system that is in the pores of the materials/ surface. The bleach kills the top part and the water spreads out and now your little bit of mold is now a bigger problem with a clean swipe in the middle.


Just spray some bleach on it.

OKLAHOMA CITY 405-577-6800      LAWTON 580-           TULSA 918-521-3646

Statewide : 1-844-MOLD -PRO